Targeting health, social care and education sectors, Haylo Theatre is a two woman theatre company run by Hayley Riley and Louise Harris. Haylo Theatre create bespoke performances and workshops that initiate inter-generational conversations around difficult subjects, such as the impact of health upon individuals, families and communities.
We offer a unique package of theatre led activities tailor-made to meet the needs of our customers, which serves to highlight key issues within the areas of health, social care and the elderly. We bring together students, professionals and families and create a space for dialogue. Within our work, we focus on real stories and examine real outcomes in order to highlight the issues affecting our communities.
Professional’s, mental health care services, careers and families, have seen our plays as a tool to bring people together and discuss prevalent and complex issues. We communicate through theatre, providing an interactive experience, outside of the conventional theatre space. Our initial client base has arisen, in the first instance, via conferences in the health and social sector. However our client base has continued to expand and develop, we have worked with a variety of charities, organisations and Universities including:
- Bolton University, The University of Northampton, The University of Sheffield, The University of Chester, The University of Manchester, The University of Worchester.
- Age UK, The Christie, Alzheimer’s Society, E.D.U.C.A.T.E. Dementia Friends, Brightlife
- The Dementia Action Alliance
- NHS England
- Royal collage of Nursing, Francis House, St Augustinian Care, Admiral Nurses, Hospice UK and Trinity Hospice
- Chester, Stockport, Poynton, Oldham, Blackpool, Bury and Manchester Councils.
To name a few.
We also completed a week long run at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival 2017 and developed further relationships with various organisations such as the Alzheimer Scotland, Action on Dementia.